I must admit that we have had some tremendous obstacles to planting Lifespring. We still do! We really could use a LOT of prayers. However, God has been so faithful. He has provided in so many ways. He is so true! He never lies.
In the past month, all of us on staff at Lifespring have seen a tremendous increase in the international community at Songdo. It is really noticeable. It seems that God has again prepared everything for us. Just this week, Heather and I have been personally able to talk to people from Iran, Brazil, U.S.A., Scotland, Canada, Somalia, China, Mongolia, Japan, and of course Korea. (Side note: please do pray for Mustaba from Iran. I was able to share the entire Gospel with him and he is so close. As Peter and I were talking to him, he had tears in his eyes and it was very evident that the Holy Spirit was touching him powerfully.) Every single staff member has noticed the significant increase in the international community! It really is incredible!
On one occasion, I saw this one guy in this red-colored hoodie sweatshirt with the hood over his head. He absolutely looked like someone from the US. I was across the street so I decided that I would wait for him to cross so that I could talk to him about Jesus and perhaps invite him to our church. As he was getting closer, my heart started pumping! He was wearing a Maryland hoodie! I thought, oh my! I'm from Maryland! I can totally talk to this guy! I was getting excited and couldn't wait until he crossed the street!
As he crossed the street, I went over to approach him and when I was about six feet from him, I noticed that it was Peter, my associate pastoral staff! For the first time in my life, I was disappointed to see Peter. It was so funny.
In any event, over 30 people have now said that they want to be a part of Lifespring's community of faith. I do not know where they are coming from. I do not know what would make a person who is completely Korean want to be a part of our international church with a senior pastor who barely speaks Korean, yet, they are coming! What can we possibly say to this? We can only say, "Praise be the Name of the Lord!"
Our official launch service has been set. It is scheduled for Saturday, April 9 at 4 p.m. I have been so blessed by the tremendous outpouring of encouragement and prayers that I have received from so many pastors, Christian leaders, and wonderful friends here and abroad.
For our launch service, Dr. Daniel Dongwon Lee, Pastor Emeritus of Global Mission Church in Korea, (www.jiguchon.or.kr) has agreed to be our speaker that evening. Rev. Daniel Kim, Senior Pastor of Hallelujah Church in Bundang, Korea, (www.hcc.or.kr), Dr. Gary Cook, President of Dallas Baptist University (www.dbu.edu), and Dr. John Kim, President of Jama (www.jamaglobal.com) will provide video congratulatory remarks. Dr. Marcus Goodloe, Campus Catalyst at Mosaic Church (www.mosaic.org) and Rev. Sung Hwa Park, Senior Pastor of Immanuel Church will offer special prayers. Dr. Jae Won Byun, Senior Pastor of Choong Shin Church, will provide a special word of blessing. In addition, members from both the Presbyterian and Baptist denominations will be present to offer their support and blessing for Lifespring. We are expecting about 150-200 people at this launch service with about 80 pastors from all over Korea and two from the USA.
Our kick-off Sunday services will start from April 10. We will have two services right off the bat. Our 10 am service will be in Korean and our 11:50 am service will be in English.
If you are in the area and are not already a part of a church community, come and join us! We are located at Songdo Daewoo Perugio Worldmark Apartment - Terrace Garden, Building #202, Suite #211. The best way to get to our church is to take Subway to Dongmak Station on Incheon line. Take Exit #3, and then take a cab and ask him to take you to Perugio Worldmark Apartment or Daewoo Iaan Apartment (which is across the main street from Perugio Worldmark).
Here are a couple of artist conceptual drawings of what Lifespring will look like. It is a little different (especially sign-wise), otherwise, it's pretty close.
The last picture is of the ground where the altar sits. Heather and I had a service at this very spot and decided to write the promises verses of Lifespring right where the pulpit would be and have a time of dedication to the Lord. It was really powerful!
| Lifespring from outside. We are on 2nd floor. |
| Immanuel Chapel (Sanctuary) |
| This is where the pulpit will be. |
| Staff at church to pray on first day of church build. |
No comments:
Post a Comment